An extra thought about time-vs-value
Take a moment to look, honestly, at how much time a week/month this could save you. Put a note in your diary to come back to this in a week and in a month and look at it again:
- has it saved you as much as you expected?
- if not, why not? What got in the way? How much of that was in your control (be honest!)? What can you do about that for the next month?
- what other things might you be able to experiment with next?
- ……aaaaaannnnnnd go back to your earlier exercise of where you’d invest your extra time – did you? Take a long hard look at this one! 😉
To be honest, the chances are that you’ll not have saved as much time as you could have, but
- don’t panic – even saving half what you theoretically could have is still a whopping improvement; and
- we’ll look at what to do about that next.
That last bullet point is all about a man named Syd.
SYD looks like this.
SYD isn’t happy.
Syd is who stops you doing the things you said you were going to do.
We’ll look at how to handle Syd next. (And in case you haven’t guessed – Syd is an acronym 🙂 )